It was a busy weekend of SPRING activities, with the beautiful sun shining and the temp hitting 50s...
*I planted about 15 flats of flowers. A little late this year, but I'm hoping with this added sunshine they will sprout soon and grow fast. We still have frost through memorial day so they should definately be ready to go outside by then. Instead of 2 extra helpers I had 3 this year. The boys are veterans and did great, Katie ate a lot of dirt and tried to eat most of the seeds!
*Water Management...With all the snow melting so quickly we have floods everywhere. We have a pump that flows it out of the driveway and into the woods. The yard this year is seeming to all run into one place. Right under Katie's swing in the playground. So I've been going out every hour and moving the puddle to the woods. The front yard is about 25% left snowy so hopefully with another beautiful day it will all melt and the grass can start firming up.
*Laundry. I hung out clothes today to dry. A big cost savings on electricity, so I'm superexcited. Of course with all the mud, water, and snow this weekend I had to do 2 extra loads of clothes today as the kids constantly had to keep changing their wet pants...Even with their mudboots on...
*Follower...Katie loves to follow her big brothers everywhere, she is not afraid to get dirty and stomps in the puddles with them. She has even started to master the ladder to the tree fort. I remember in December this little girl couldn't even do the steps at the orphanage... The boys run around the house constantly playing tag or just running "for exercise" they call it. And of course little K has to follow right along. All 3 have had no problems falling asleep this weekend!
Hope you have a sunny spring day!
No comments:
Post a Comment