Sunday, January 31, 2010

cleaning...

It always amazes me how fast everything can get so dirty. I am also happily surprised at the effort the kids put into helping. I try very hard to raise them to be independent and know that I am not their housekeeper, so am always happy when I see them working hard to help! Here are some snapshots of our cleaning efforts today...

*Katie "washing" windows. Okay I have to redo it after she is done but she loves to scrub and scrub the window pane. It's a shame it's in circles.. Of course all the fingerprints are usually hers :)

*Alex on clothes detail. He loads the washer and puts it in the dryer when it's done. Then everyone has to put their own clothes away. After all that Alex was in charge of the doublecheck, cleaning up the items that didn't make to where they were supposed too...

*Sammy on toy detail... Those little toys make it everywhere...

*Katie sweeping. She follows behind me with her toy sweeper and imitates every action! Alex was in charge of the toys I sucked up into the sweeper. It's all those little pieces!

*Sammy on bathrooms. It's his thing, he just has to keep the toilets clean. It's OCD at it's finest... I'm not complaining..

*Alex on dishes... Yep I have a plan to not have to do dishes for the next 15 years!!

And our house is clean for the moment. The social worker comes on Wednesday for Katie's year Post Placement visit, hopefully it can stay reasonable clean until then!

No comments: