Sunday, September 13, 2009

Learning how to Cry

Katie has had such a sunny personality, nothing seems to phase her. She is very aware of what is going on around her though. We had her first real crying experience this week, after 6 months home. She fell down (little fall), at first she wasn't phased at all. Mark picked her up to check her out as he was closer. This started the crocodile tears and cries for Mama. I was doing double homework duty at the time so he just held onto her. This led into full sobs as she didn't get what she wanted. If was interesting because for the next few days after that, if she didn't get her way she'd start heaving her chest and sob. I'd look at her and say Katie and she'd smile and stop. I'm glad she's attached emotionally and I think she is trying to learn her limits and see what she can do. Hopefully though that will be the end to her drama queen routine!

No comments: