We've been home 107 days, yes I counted... Katie's certificate of citizenship still has not arrived! This is supposed to take about 45 days! I contacted our local USCIS office in Anchorage and they said they don't issue them. They did tell me it was in the computer system and should ship soon?? Hmm.. Wonder what soon is? I have checked with the folks that adopted the same time as us and those after us and they have received their COCs??
So Anchorage USCIS directed me to Washington D.C.... Now if you've ever tried calling a bureaucratic office in DC you know my frustration. They have a first rate computer that will not let you past any option to talk to a live person without receipt #s. Ug! I've tried several times but am not having any luck. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. I'd really like to just send an e-mail to someone to inquire where it is.
The Anchorage office did tell me that I can get her social security card without the COC. I didn't know this... They tell me it's all in the computer. So I'm going to head into Anchorage soon and wait in the long lines to try and apply for the Soc. Sec #. I cannot get her passport without the COC, so there are several reasons I'd like to have it.
And I'm not sure if I've complained about it or not, but my health insurance is threatening to drop Katie without a social security #, as it's a bureaucratic rule that each person has to have one within so many days of enrolling.
The paperchase just goes on and on....
****Updated... I found a wonderful lady in Buffalo who e-mailed me back very quickly and found the COC, it was mailed to an incorrect address. She is mailing it on Monday and I should have it by next week!! It's always nice to know there is a gov't worker out there who can do a good job! FYI... A very good e-mail address for USCIS and adoption is child-citizenship-act@dhs.gov
No comments:
Post a Comment