(Sorry I didn't get any ocean pics, I was going to do it on the last day and it was too foggy for the pic to turn out)...
The weather was beautiful all over Alaska this past week. Temps in Homer were in the 60s
with the afternoon tides bringing in the good kite flying wind later in the day. Temps at our house were in the 80s! Alex collected buckets of sea shells, Sammy found 2 whole dad crabs and katie collected every little treasure she could find in her bucket. (The first time the boys were at the ocean I let Sammy bring dead crabs (in bags) home to show Nana. Darn it this time that bag of crabs blew away so they were unable to make the trip back with us. Those kids don't forget anything!).
We camped on the Homer Spit, literally at the end of the road. We were surrounded by many seagulls and eagles. Katie was so excited to see all the birds she would even forget to eat. Here's a shot of an eagle for you, perched ontop of a building...
The boys are so much bigger this year. We road on the bike path next to the ocean. They made it 3.5 miles!!!! We were almost at the end of the spit and back. My boys are getting very big!!
We stopped many times on the return to try and keep Katie's belly settled. I never feel the pics do Alaska justice, but here you go. Here's a shot at Tern Lake.



No comments:
Post a Comment