Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Juneau

I was in Juneau for a conference about 2 weeks ago. It was very blustery and the day I left they were in the middle of a wicked snowstorm that dumped 17 inches on the state capital. I sat in the airport during the storm and listened as they kept announcing that the incoming flights missed the chance to land and had to keep circling. It took an hour for the plane to make it in and another hour and a half for us to make it out. Juneau airport is surrounded by mountains and water and even with visibility is an interesting runway to go in and out of.
Here's a shot from my 2nd floor hotel room of the sunrise over the Juneau Harbor. In the summertime this dock is packed full of cruise ships... It was a little too cold and windy for me to want to venture outside this early to take the picture :)

No comments: